November 22, 2013
3 c. Cream
1 c. Milk
2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1T. Ground Allspice
1/2 tsp. Ground Cloves
1 c. (8 ea.) Egg Yolks
1/2 c. Pumpkin
- In a saucepan combine cream, milk, spices and sugar.
- Bring up to a simmer slowly (just before a boil)
- Remove from heat and cover with plastic wrap to let spices steep in milk and cream.
- Slowly pour the yoks into the mix while whisking constantly.
- Whisk in pumpkin.
- Fill your ramekins almost to the top and bake in a 325 degree oven in a water bath for 40-50 minutes.
- The brulee will not be fully set, but jiggle slightly when it is done. It will set further as it cools.
- When fully cool, sprinkle a heaping table spoon of granulated sugar on top and spread evenly. Brulee the sugar using a culinary torch or the broiler setting on your oven until golden brown. Garnish with a chewy molasses cookie and a scoop of your favorite fall ice cream flavor.