Whether your mom is your life-long best friend or you’re just starting to repair your relationship, few things are more bonding than a mother-daughter getaway. You get to pack up your things, unplug from the world, and truly enjoy together time. Now you just need to make your trip the best it can be. To plan the best multi-generational girl’s trip ever, be sure to include these key factors.
- Open Communication: We know what you’re thinking: “A weekend trip with my mother is just going to be full of arguments.” And while that risk may be there, you can prevent scuffles by committing to constructive communication. Be open about your wants and needs, and encourage your mom to do the same.
- A Loose Plan: The key to any successful long-term or weekend vacation is to do just the right amount of planning. Know the main activities you want to do each day, but still leave time for spontaneity and relaxation. You might want to skip your afternoon hike for an extra massage during your spa weekend, and that’s okay.
- Plenty Of Compromise: Traveling with anyone is all about compromise, and this is especially true for you and your mother. You are different ages, so you might have different preferences. Make sure that you take turns picking your choice of restaurant.
- Local Food And Drinks: Few things bring people together more than delicious food and a full glass of wine. Take the time to get to know the local cuisine during your trip. You can talk all about your favorites and maybe even try to replicate the recipes at your next family gathering.
- Pampering Time: Whether you are taking a spa weekend or simply stopping in for a massage, take the time to treat yourselves. There is a reason why the U.S. spa industry generated $16.3 billion in 2015. People enjoy this level of relaxation. And trust us, so will your mom.
By including the above items and choosing the right travel location, you can make your travel experience the best it can be for both you and your mom. This time together will create joyful memories that you can both look back on for years to come. Just try not to be embarrassed when she breaks out the baby pictures for the handsome server. That’s what moms are for.
Book online, call 877-MIRBEAU (877-647-2328) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our guest service agents will help you plan the perfect getaway!