In today’s busy society, getting away is essential to your physical and emotional health. In 2015 alone, U.S. residents went on 1.7 billion leisure trips. Whether long vacations or small weekend trips, these temporary escapes make for a more vital population. If you are heading out for a spa weekend, you are certainly choosing one of the more rejuvenating options. So, before you check in to your luxury accommodations, be sure to pack these key items.
- Comfortable Clothing: This weekend is all about taking care of your body, so drape it in comfortable fabrics. You want to look as relaxed as you feel, so go for a breezy vibe.
- Evening Wear: Bring one or two dressy outfits to wear during dinner or to go out at night. Most luxury accommodations will have recommendations of where you can sport these fancy threads.
- Toiletries: Check with the spa to see what is provided, and then bring your own special items. Adding essential oils to your average care items is a great way to give your grooming a boost.
- Hiking Shoes And Clothes: Feeling outdoorsy? Supplement your wellness trip by exploring the region. Pack comfortable hiking clothes and worn-in shoes to be prepared.
- A Backpack: Some sort of day pack is a must when embarking on a weekend vacation. If you plan to hike, bring a backpack. If you’re more of a city explorer, any large bag will do.
- Sun Protection: Avoid compromising your facial by bringing sun screen, sunglasses, and a hat. Your precious skin will thank you.
- Journal: Take care of your emotional wellness by jotting down your thoughts. If journaling isn’t your style, perhaps photography or drawing is more your style.
- Books: What better way to spend a weekend getaway than kicking back with a good book? Bring multiple just in case you breeze through your first one.
- Sports Gear: If you enjoy golf, tennis, or other sporting activities, be sure to bring this gear along as well. You can often rent, but some travelers prefer to have their own.
By packing well for your spa retreat, you can get the most out of this opportunity for relaxation. Pack your suitcase and fill up your car. The spa staff will take care of the rest.